For patients on regular mediation the doctor may arrange issue of repeat prescriptions without requiring an appointment. You will be given a re-order form with the details of your repeat medications.
We operate a 72 hour service for repeat prescriptions (excluding Saturday & Sunday)
We do not provide a telephone order service, as this can result in error, and engages busy lines and staff.
Requests for acute prescriptions (those not prescribed on a repeat basis) will be reviewed by GPs, and be available within 72 hours.
Guidelines for Repeat Prescriptions
- Use your repeat prescription order form
- Request your prescriptions in good time especially prior to holiday periods. Do not wait until you run out of your medication.
- Take it with you for information when you are attending hospital.
- Bring, send, or post it to Jedburgh Medical Practice.
- You can also order online via the link at the top of this page, or via the homepage. To register for online please complete the Registration Form.
- Please mark the medications which you are requesting. If you wish your prescription to be posted to you, please provide a stamped self-addressed envelope.
- We encourage patients to make use of the daily prescription collection services provided by the Jedburgh chemists.
Patients on repeat medication may be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.